The 23rd Annual Road Profile Users’ Group (RPUG) Meeting was held at the Harvey’s Lake Tahoe in Stateline, NV, from September 27 to 29, 2011.
- Highway Sustainability – rolling resistance and ride effects on fuel consumption and wear-&-tear on vehicles, friction/highway safety, and delivery of goods on-time.
- Profile QA – State or owners’ verification on contractors’ profile data collection.
Find out more about the themes of RPUG 2011!
You may also want to consider an RPUG Sponsorship Opportunity to capitalize the RPUG 2011 event. Here is the form for RPUG sponsorship. For more information, please contact Patte Hahn of the National Center for Pavement Preservation at (517) 432-8220 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The brochure (Aug. 20, 2011) contains a simplified agenda, hotel information, and registration information.
A dinner event will be held on Wednesday evening, September 28. Spouses and partners are welcome. Please find futher details in the brochure.
- April 15, 2011 – Call-for-Presentation
- June 15, 2011 – Start of online registration
- July 15, 2011 – Deadline for submitting abstracts of presentations
- Aug 12, 2011 – Notification of accepted titles/abstracts for presentation
- Sept 3, 2011 – Deadline for the early-bird registration and hotel reservation at the conference rates
- Sept 16, 2011 – Deadline for submission of presentation files (including visual aids) and bios
- Sept 27-29 – RPUG 2011 conference
Here is the conference agenda (Sept. 15, 2011).
Call for Presentation
RPUG encourage you to share the latest-&-hottest topics in presentation form.
- Pavement Profile Measurements
- Pavement Profile Analysis
- Pavement Surface Textures
- Tire-Pavement Friction
- Tire-Pavement Noise
- Automated Pavement Condition Survey
- Rolling resistance and ride effects on fuel consumption and wear-&-tear on vehicles
- Profiling quality assurance (QA)
Please submit your abstract for presentation in 300 words in one page of a MS Word document via the RPUG contact page using “Abstract for RPUG 2011 Presentation” as the subject line. Here is an example of abstracts.
The registration fees for attendees will be $300. The late registration fee, after September 3, 2011, will be $350. A separate fee of $50 would be required for spouses attending the dinner event. A ProVAL workshop will be free to all registered participants. Vendor’s registration fees will be $1,200. The late registration fee, after September 3, 2011, will be $1,250. You can register by either:
- Download and fill out the registration form, or
- Online registration (stopped)
If you sign up the ProVAL workshop, please visit the ProVAL workshop webpage for further information regarding workshop software download and etc.
Equipment vendors are invited to attend the meeting to exhibit their products. Additional information is available through the Exhibitor Agreement.
Exhibitor Registration includes two participants. You can register through the above conventional or online Registration.
Hotel Reservation and Transportation
The 2011 Meeting will be held at the Harvey’s Lake Tahoe: 18 Highway 50, Stateline, NV 89449, Phone: (775)-588-2411.
Harveys Resort & Casino is located on the pristine shores of America’s largest alpine lake. Featuring 742 deluxe rooms and suites, six restaurants, a full-service health club, pool and convention center, cabaret theater with the hottest entertainment, wedding chapel and arcade, Harveys Lake Tahoe is the perfect destination for business travelers and vacationers alike. Harveys is located across the street from Harrah’s. The resorts are connected by an underground passageway. Find out more from the Harvey’s fact sheet!
The Harvey’s Resort and Cosino provides recommendation for the transportation.
Hotel reservations can be made for the block rate of $73/night (Mountain Tower) or $93/night (Lake Tower) no later thanSeptember 3, 2011, by either:
- Accessing the online hotel reservations, or
- Calling the hotel directly (775)-588-2411, and use the code, “S09RPUG“
Continuing Education (CEU) Credits
We will also offer certificates of continuing education (CEU) credits to RPUG attendees upon requests.
- Regarding registration and sponsorship opportunity and CEU cerdits, contact Patte Hahn of the National Center for Pavement Preservation at (517) 432-8220 or email email@example.com.
- Regarding presentation/moderating sessions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the RPUG contact page.
- Regarding ProVAL workshops, contact Dr. George Chang of Transtec Group at (512) 659-1231 or email email@example.com.