The 24th Annual Road Profile Users’ Group (RPUG) Meeting was held at the Hyatt Regency in Minneapolis, MN, from September 24 to 27, 2012.
Theme – “When the Rubber Meets the Road”
RPUG is seeking sponsors for the 2012 meeting at 3 different levels: Silver, Gold, and Platinum. Here is the form for RPUG sponsorship. For more information, please contact Patte Hahn of the National Center for Pavement Preservation at (517) 432-8220 or email email@example.com.
The brochure contains a simplified agenda, hotel information, and registration information.
- June 15, 2012 – Call for Presentations
- July 15, 2012 – Deadline for submitting abstracts of presentations, start of online registration
- Aug 15, 2012 – Notification of accepted titles/abstracts for presentations
- Sept 4, 2012 – Deadline for the early bird registration and hotel reservation at the conference rates
- Sept 16, 2012 – Deadline for submission of presentation files (including visual aids) and bios
- Sept 24-27 – RPUG conference
The Agenda can be downloaded here.
ProVAL workshop participants need to download the ProVAL workshop software and pre-install on their laptops prior to the workshop. Detailed agenda and other information can be found in the following webpages:
Call for Presentations
RPUG encourage you to share the latest & hottest topics in presentation form.
- Pavement Profile Measurement
- Pavement Profile Analysis
- Pavement Surface Texture
- Tire-Pavement Friction
- Tire-Pavement Noise
- Automated Pavement Condition Survey
- Rolling resistance and ride effects on fuel consumption and wear-&-tear on vehicles
- Profiling quality assurance (QA)
Please submit a presentation abstract of 300 words or less in a 1-page MS word document via the RPUG contact page using “Abstract for RPUG 2012 Presentation” as the subject line. Here is a sample of an abstract.
Here are the instructions for preparing and submitting presentations.
The registration fee for attendees will be $350. The late registration fee, after September 4, 2012, will be $400.
Vendor’s registration fee will be $1,250.
Attendance at ProVAL and Surface Characteristics 101 workshops will be free to all registered participants.
You can register by either:
- Online registration, or
- Download the brochure and fill out the registration form on the last page – then fax it to NCPP.
If you sign up for the ProVAL workshop, please visit the ProVAL workshop webpage for further information regarding workshop software downloads and etc.
Equipment vendors are invited to attend the meeting to exhibit their products. Additional information:
Exhibitor Registration includes two participants. You can register through the above registration form or online registration.
Hotel Reservation and Transportation
The 2012 Meeting will be held at the Hyatt Regency Hotel: 1300 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, MN 55403, US, Phone: (612) 370-1234, Fax: (612) 596-4539.
Hotel reservations can be made for the block rates of $179/night (single/double occupancy) and $204/night (triple occupancy) no later than September 4, 2012, by either:
- Accessing the online hotel reservations, or
- Calling the Central Reservation 1-888-421-1442, and use the code, “ROAD PROFILING USER GROUP“
Limited number of rooms are offered to US government employees at a government per diem rate of $121/night.
Continuing Education (CEU) Credits
We will also offer certificates of continuing education (CEU) credits to RPUG attendees upon requests.
- Registration, sponsorship opportunity, and CEU credits: Contact Patte Hahn of the National Center for Pavement Preservation at (517) 432-8220 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Presentation/Moderating Sessions: email email@example.com or use the RPUG contact page.
- ProVAL workshops: contact Dr. George Chang of Transtec Group at +1 (512) 659-1231 or email GKChang@TheTranstecGroup.com.