1989-2018 On The Road To Progressively Better Data
The 30th Annual Road Profile Users’ Group (RPUG) Meeting will be held at the Best Western Hotel in Rapid City, SD, USA from September 18 to 21, 2018.
Who Should Attend
- Equipment Operators & Vendors
- Pavement Management Engineers
- Construction & Design Engineers
- Federal, State & Local Gov. Agencies
- Paving Contractors
- Data Collectors
- Equipment Manufacturers
- Tire Industry Professionals
RPUG is seeking sponsors for this meeting at three different levels: Silver, Gold, and Platinum. You can help sponsoring RPUG during the registration process. For more information, please contact Patte Hahn of the National Center for Pavement Preservation at +1 (517) 432-8220 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The followings are non-financial co-sponsors:
- US TRB AFD90 Committee on Pavement Surface Properties and Vehicle Interaction
- US TRB AFD20 Pavement Monitoring and Evaluation
- US TRB AFK40 Surface Requirements of Asphalt Mixtures
Brochure, Agenda, and Speakers’ Info
- Brochure (TBD)
- Agenda (TBD)
- Speakers’ bios and abstracts (TBD)
- Speaker’s Presentation (TBD)
- May 1, 2018 – Call for Presentations
- June 15, 2018 – Deadline for submitting abstracts of presentations
- July 15, 2018 – Notification of accepted titles/abstracts for presentations
- August 17, 2018 – Deadline for the early-bird registration
- August 17, 2018 – Deadline for the early-bird hotel reservation at the conference rates
- September 10, 2018 – Deadline for submission of presentations (including visual aids) & bios
Call for Presentations
RPUG encourages you to share the latest-&-pertinent topics in presentation form on the following topics:
- Network Pavement Surface Measurements under the FAST Act and DOT Data QA Plans
- Automated Pavement Condition Surveys, Evaluation, and Reporting
- Pavement Profile Measurement, Analysis and Ride Quality
- Pavement Surface Texture
- Tire-Pavement Friction
- Tire-Pavement Noise
- 3-D Pavement Surface Measurement Technology
- Pavement Profile Quality Assurance (QA) and Reference Measurement
- Incentive/Disincentive Programs
- Real-time Surface Properties Measurement
- Influence of Surface Characteristics on Rolling Resistance and Vehicle and Tire Wear
- Jointed Concrete Pavements (JCP) Curvature and Impacts on Roughness
- National Data Collection Standards and Certification
- Impact of Ride Specifications on Construction Practices
Please submit a presentation abstract of 300 words or less in a one-page MS word document via the RPUG contact page using “Abstract for RPUG Presentation” as the subject line.
- Example abstract
- Instructions for speakers to prepare bios, presentation, and permission form.
- Speaker’s permission form.
A registration fee of $TBD is required. Late registration fee of $TBD may apply if passing the early-bird deadline.
Equipment vendors are invited to attend the meeting to exhibit their products. Exhibitor registration of $TBD includes two participants.
Sponsorship opportunities are also available at three levels: Silver ($TBD), Gold ($TBD), and Platinum ($TBD.
You can register by either:
- Online registration, or
- Download the brochure (TBD link) and fill out the registration form on the last page – then fax it to NCPP.
Equipment vendors are invited to attend the meeting to exhibit their products. Additional information:
- Exhibitor Agreement and
- Shipping Instructions –Your Name, Guest
Hotel Reservation and Transportation
The meeting will be held at the Best Western Hotel: Address (TBD), Phone (TBD)
Hotel reservations can be made for the block rates of $NNN/night no later than the cutoff date above at a first come first serve basis. You can register by either:
- Accessing the online hotel reservations (TBD), or
- Calling Phone (TBD), and asking for the RPUG Conference group rate.
Invitation Letters and VISA Requirements
Continuing Education (CEU) Credits
We will also offer certificates of continuing education (CEU) credits to RPUG attendees upon requests.
- Registration, sponsorship opportunity, and CEU credits: Contact Patte Hahn of the National Center for Pavement Preservation at +1 (517) 432 8220 or email email@example.com.
- Presentation/Moderating Sessions: Email Info@RPUG.org or use the RPUG contact page.