25 Years—From Precision to Accuracy
The 25th Annual Road Profile Users’ Group (RPUG) Meeting was held at the Sheraton Gunter in San Antonio, Texas, from September 16 to 19, 2013.
Who Should Attend
- Equipment vendors and operators
- Pavement management engineers
- Engineers interested in MAP-21 & pavement data collection
- Construction engineers
- Design engineers
- Federal, state & local government agencies
- Paving contractors
RPUG is seeking sponsors for the 2013 meeting at 3 different levels: Silver, Gold, and Platinum. Here is the form for RPUG sponsorship. For more information, please contact Patte Hahn of the National Center for Pavement Preservation at (517) 432-8220 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brochure and Agenda
- Brochure (contains a simplified agenda, hotel information, and registration information).
- Agenda can be downloaded here. (Sept. 13, 2013)
- Speakers’ bios and abstracts can be downloaded here. (Sept. 15, 2013)
- May 10, 2013 – Call for Presentations
- July 31, 2013 – Deadline for submitting abstracts of presentations
- Aug 15, 2013 – Notification of accepted titles/abstracts for presentations
- Aug 20, 2013 – Deadline for the early-bird registration
- Aug 26, 2013 – Deadline for the early-bird hotel reservation at the conference rates
- Sept 11, 2013 – Deadline for submission of presentation files (including visual aids) and bios
- Sept 16-19 – RPUG conference
Call for Presentations
RPUG encourages you to share your work on the following topics at this year’s Meeting:
- Network Pavement Surface Measurements Under MAP-21
- Pavement Profile Measurement
- Pavement Profile Analysis
- Pavement Surface Texture
- Tire-Pavement Friction
- Tire-Pavement Noise
- Automated Pavement Condition Surveys, Evaluation, and Reporting
- 3-D Pavement Surface Measurement Technology
- Pavement Profile Quality Assurance (QA) and Reference Measurement
- Incentive/disincentive Programs
- Real-time Surface Properties Measurement
- Influence of Surface Characteristics on Rolling Resistance and Vehicle and Tire Wear
- Road Roughness and Ride Comfort
- National Data Collection Standards
The registration fee for attendees will be $350. The late registration fee, after September 7, 2013, will be $400.
Vendor’s registration fee will be $1,250.
You can register by either:
- Online registration (closed on Sept. 12, 2013), or
- Download the brochure and fill out the registration form on the last page – then fax it to NCPP.
If you sign up for the ProVAL workshop, please download the ProVAL workshop software from the following webpage and pre-install on their laptops prior to the workshop:
- Basic ProVAL Workshop(Monday, September 16, 2013 from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM (CDT) )
- Advanced ProVAL Workshop (Thursday, September 19, 2013 from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM (CDT) )
Equipment vendors are invited to attend the meeting to exhibit their products. Additional information:
- Exhibitor Agreement and
- Shipping Instructions –Your Name, Guest – Sheraton Gunter Hotel, 205 E. Houston, San Antonio, TX 78205.
Exhibitor Registration includes two participants. You can register through the above registration form or online registration.
Hotel Reservation and Transportation
The 2013 Meeting will be held at the Sheraton Gunter in San Antonio, Texas:
205 East Houston Street, San Antonio, TX 78205
Hotel reservations can be made for the block rates of $106/night (single/double occupancy no later than August 26, 2013, by either:
- Accessing the online hotel reservations (TBA), or
- Calling the Central Reservation 1-888-999-2089, and use the code, “ROAD PROFILING USER GROUP”
Limited number of rooms are offered to US government employees at a government per diem rate.
Continuing Education (CEU) Credits
We will also offer certificates of continuing education (CEU) credits to RPUG attendees upon requests.
- Registration, sponsorship opportunity, and CEU cerdits: Contact Patte Hahn of the National Center for Pavement Preservation at (517) 432 8220 or email email@example.com.
- Presentation/Moderating Sessions: Email Info@RPUG.org or use the RPUG contact page.
- ProVAL workshops: Contact Dr. George Chang of Transtec Group at +1 (512) 659 1231 or email GKChang@TheTranstecGroup.com.