The Road Profile Users’ Group (RPUG) call for abstracts for the 2020 conference in Albany, New York for the week of September 14, 2020. The conference theme will be “20:20 Look at Surface Characteristics”. Check out the RPUG website (www.RPUG.org) for further information.
The topics of the next RPUG conference include:
- Network Pavement Surface Measurements under the FAST Act
- Automated Pavement Condition Surveys, Evaluation, and Reporting
- Pavement Profile Measurement, Analysis and Ride Quality
- Pavement Surface Texture
- Tire-Pavement Friction
- Tire-Pavement Noise
- 3-D Pavement Surface Measurement Technology
- Pavement Profile Quality Assurance (QA) and Reference Measurement
- Incentive/Disincentive Programs
- Real-time Surface Properties Measurement
- Influence of Surface Characteristics on Rolling Resistance and Vehicle and Tire Wear
- Jointed Concrete Pavements (JCP) Curvature and Impacts on Roughness
- National Data Collection Standards and Certification
- Impact of Ride Specifications on Construction Practices
You are invited to submit an abstract for presentation (< 300 words) in English in PDF/MS Word format before July 15, 2020, by using the RPUG contact webpage (http://www.rpug.org/contact-us/) with the subject title: RPUG 2020 Abstract. Please include your presentation title, your contact information, abstract, keywords, and answers to the COVID-19 related questions as follows.
COVID-19 contingency plan: Should the in-person RPUG conference be changed to online formats due to local restrictions and/or state travel restrictions, please indicate the following in your submittal:
- Would you be able to remotely present your presentation?
- What day(s) of the week would you be able to make your presentation?
- What time of day would you be able to present? Use the USA Eastern Standard Time (EST) zone times.
The important dates are:
- July 15, 2020 – Deadline for submitting abstracts of presentations
- August 15, 2020 – Notification of accepted titles/abstracts for presentations
- Other dates for registration, speakers’ submission of presentation and bio, etc. will be announced once the conference date/format is determined.